Reservations: Camp Shands
Baden Powell Road is now fixed and you may access the Camp from Highway 21. There is some cosmetic debris to clean up and if your Scouting Unit would like a weekend Service Project please call Ranger Robert at 904-704-8975 to offer assistance.
North Florida Council has two camps for Scouts to camp out and enjoy lots of exciting activities!
Baden Powell Scout Reservation
Located in Hawthorne, FL on over 1,000 acres of diverse terrain, BPSR is home to the North Florida Council's summer and winter camping programs in addition to many other programs offered throughout the year.
Camp Shands offers 11 large campsite areas, housing, a beautiful lake, pavilions, a dining hall, and meeting rooms. Camp Shands can cater to multitudes of Scouts and their families.
In addition to great campsites, other features include:
- Our incredible shooting sports areas, geared to help teach Scouts and adults about safe rifle, shotgun, pistol, BB gun and archery activities
- A beautiful waterfront on Lake Osborne, with great opportunities for swimming, fishing, and boating
- Miles of beautiful hiking trails
- C.O.P.E. and a 65' climbing wall
- Xtreme Obstacle Course
- A water park equipped with swimming pool, water slides, wading pool, and pavilions
Baden Powell Scout Reservation is open for camping from September through April. Summer Camp is May through August. Winter Camp is in late December.